Advanced Management Training Program
Who you are
You are someone who is currently managing people and would like to deepen your management practice. Our Advanced Management training program is applicable to people from every industry and at all levels. However, we recommend starting with our Management Foundations program if you haven’t already taken it.
What is the format?
- Four, 3-hour classroom sessions delivered over Zoom covering advanced modules of effective management. See the course modules
- Four, 1-hour 1-on-1 customized training sessions over Zoom.
- Real world situations that help you learn and apply techniques in your environment
What makes this program unique?
We go beyond just theory and the classroom by helping participants implement what they learn and build capacity in their organization. During our 1-on-1 training sessions, individuals learn how to overcome their specific management challenges so that the results stick.
What are the dates for Advanced Management?
Spring 2022: Four sessions starting May 18, 2022, with each session running on the third Wednesday of each month from 9 AM – 12 PM PST. Accepting registrations.
- May 18: Managing Company Performance
- June 15: Tough Talk: How to Have the Conversations You’ve Been Avoiding
- July 20: Managing Yourself and Managing Up
- August 17: Leading Change
Fall 2022: Four sessions starting September 7, 2022, with each session running on the first Wednesday of each month from 9 AM – 12 PM PST. Accepting pre-registrations.
- September 7: Managing Company Performance
- October 5: Tough Talk: How to Have the Conversations You’ve Been Avoiding
- November 2: Managing Yourself and Managing Up
- December 7: Leading Change
What does Advanced Management cost?
$1,995 + GST per participant.
Is financial assistance possible?
Yes! Many businesses are eligible for financial assistance via the B.C. Employer Training Grant program (BC ETG). Under their Workforce Training Stream, eligible employers may receive up to 60% of eligible training costs, up to a maximum of $5,000 per participant. Please contact us for more details.
Do you offer a foundational program?
Yes, please see our Management Foundations training program. We typically require that you take it prior to joining Advanced Management. You can bundle Management Foundations and Advanced Management to make it a full year of remarkable classroom instruction and 1:1 training. Registering for the complete management training bundle makes it easier if you are applying for grant funding or if you want to guarantee your space in the Advanced program.
|Management Foundations + Advanced Management
|1:1 Training Sessions||8||4||12|
|Total Training Hours||32||16||48|
|Program Duration||8 months||4 months||12 months|
|Total Program Cost||$3,995 + GST / participant||$1,995 + GST / participant||$5,990 + GST / participant|
Who are the instructors?
- Tara Landes is the Founder and President of Bellrock Benchmarking. She earned her MBA from the Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario.
- Gabriel Dhahan is a Partner at Bellrock Benchmarking. He earned his MBA from Royal Roads University and the Family Enterprise Advisor (FEA) designation from Family Enterprise Canada. Gabriel is also an ICF accredited coach.
- Anna Migicovsky is a Manager at Bellrock Benchmarking. She earned her MBA from the Beedie School of Business at Simon Fraser University. Anna is also an ICF accredited coach.
Where will classes be held?
Classes are held via Zoom. Further details are released prior to the first class.
Contact us about custom locations and times for your company.
What others are saying
Our Advanced Management training program consists of the following modules:
- Managing Company Performance – Participants will understand how Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) shape performance. Common KPIs will be explored, the concept of leading and lagging indicators will be covered, as will best practices in implementing these measurement systems.
Concepts covered: Function accountability chart, KPIs, and dashboards.
- Tough Talk: How to Have the Conversations You’ve Been Avoiding – Participants will learn to identify when tough talk is necessary, how to prepare for tough conversations, and practice the art of better communication. They will know how to create a safe environment for communication to unfold and develop an action plan to deal with their toughest roadblocks. They will also learn how to coach others to address the roadblocks in their way and create an environment of direct, non-personal feedback.
Concepts Covered: Identification of tough talk situations, using KIND (kind, intentional, non-threatening, but direct) communication, personal styles, establishing personal goals, controlling emotions, and communication escalation.
- Managing Yourself and Managing Up – Participants will discover how to absorb feedback in healthy ways, their personal styles of receiving feedback, working in teams, learning styles, and how to explain these traits to others. Also, when and how to ask for help. They will also sleuth out boss’ tendencies and how to manage up.
Concepts Covered: Introversion / extroversion, strengths and weaknesses, communication styles, and sharing methodology.
- Leading Change – Participants will learn about the manager’s role in creating understanding, addressing WIIFM, education, ability, and reinforcement of any change initiative.
Concepts Covered: Change communication best practices, common implementation roadblocks, how to motivate individuals toward change, and training best practices.
Private Company Training
Private company training is ideal for companies that would like the training delivered to their company only or would like to customize the curriculum. They must have ten or more employees that wish to participate in the program. Courses can be held via Zoom, at Bellrock facilities, or at client offices.
If this sounds like something you might be interested in, call 604-345-0424 or email [email protected].