Advanced Management Training Program
Who you are
You are someone who is currently managing people and would like to deepen your management practice. Our Advanced Management training program is applicable to people from every industry and at all levels. If you graduated from one of our training programs prior to Fall 2019, please see our Advanced Management Training Bridge Program.
What is the format?
- Four, 3-hour classroom sessions covering advanced modules of effective management. See the course modules
- Four, 1-hour 1-on-1 customized training sessions.
- Real world situations that help you learn and apply techniques in your environment
What makes this program unique?
We go beyond just theory and the classroom by helping participants implement what they learn and build capacity in their organization. During our 1-on-1 training sessions, individuals learn how to overcome their specific management challenges so that the results stick.
What are the dates for Advanced Management?
Vancouver Spring 2020: Four sessions starting May 2020. Accepting pre-registrations now.
- May 12: Tough Talk: How to Have the Conversations You’ve Been Avoiding
- June 9: Meeting Rhythms
- July 14: Managing Yourself and Managing Up
- August 11: Leading Change
What does Advanced Management cost?
$1,995 + GST per participant.
Do you offer a foundational program?
Yes, please see our Management Foundations training program. We require that you take it prior to joining Advanced Management. You can bundle Management Foundations and Advanced Management to make it a full year of incredible classroom instruction and 1:1 training. Registering for the complete management training bundle makes it easier if you are applying for grant funding or if you want to guarantee your space in the Advanced program.
|Management Foundations + Advanced Management
|1:1 Training Sessions||8||4||12|
|Total Training Hours||32||16||48|
|Program Duration||8 months||4 months||12 months|
|Total Program Cost||$3,995 + GST / participant||$1,995 + GST / participant||$5,990 + GST / participant|
Who are the instructors?
- Tara Landes is the Founder and President of Bellrock Benchmarking. She earned her MBA from the Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario.
- Gabriel Dhahan is a Manager and Consultant at Bellrock Benchmarking. He earned his MBA from Royal Roads University and the Family Enterprise Advisor (FEA) designation from Family Enterprise Xchange.
- Adam Holcombe is a Manager and Consultant at Bellrock Benchmarking. He earned his MBA from the Beedie School of Business at Simon Fraser University.
- Anna Migicovsky is a Consultant at Bellrock Benchmarking. She earned her MBA from the Beedie School of Business at Simon Fraser University.
Where will classes be held?
The BCIT Campus at 555 Seymour St. Vancouver, BC V6B 3H6
Room details will be released prior to the first class.
Contact us about custom locations and times for your company.
Is financial assistance possible?
Yes! Most businesses are eligible for financial assistance. Please contact us for more details.
What others are saying
Our Advanced Management training program consists of the following modules:
- Tough Talk: How to Have the Conversations You’ve Been Avoiding – Participants will learn to identify when tough talk is necessary, how to prepare for tough conversations, and practice the art of better communication. They will know how to create a safe environment for communication to unfold and develop an action plan to deal with their toughest roadblocks. They will also learn how to coach others to address the roadblocks in their way and create an environment of direct, non-personal feedback.
Concepts Covered: Identification of tough talk situations, using KIND (kind, intentional, non-threatening, but direct) communication, personal styles, establishing personal goals, controlling emotions, and communication escalation.
- Meeting Rhythms – Participants will understand why meetings are simultaneously the most vivified management tool and the most efficient form of communication when done well. Learn how to facilitate constructive participation and get the most from any meeting.
Concepts Covered: Strategic vs. tactical meetings, huddles, departmental meetings, setting agendas, the role of leader and chair, and setting ground rules.
- Managing Yourself and Managing Up – Participants will discover how to absorb feedback in healthy ways, their personal styles of receiving feedback, working in teams, learning styles, and how to explain these traits to others. Also, when and how to ask for help. They will also sleuth out boss’ tendencies and how to manage up.
Concepts Covered: Introversion / extroversion, strengths and weaknesses, communication styles, and sharing methodology.
- Leading Change – Participants will learn about the manager’s role in creating understanding, addressing WIIFM, education, ability, and reinforcement of any change initiative.
Concepts Covered: Change communication best practices, common implementation roadblocks, how to motivate individuals toward change, and training best practices.
Private Company Training
Private company training is ideal for companies that would like the training delivered to their company only or would like to customize the curriculum. They must have ten or more employees that wish to participate in the management training program. Courses can be held at Bellrock or client facilities.
If this sounds like something you might be interested in, call 604-499-1526 or email [email protected].