Custom Leadership and Management Training
Who you are
You are a small business leader that wants better results. This can mean more profits, more time or less stress. Maybe it’s a combination of all three. Maybe you’re burnt out and don’t know what is next for you.
Regardless of your goals, you don’t have a lot of time to participate in classes where only one or two nuggets can be mined to apply to your circumstances. You want an efficient, customized training program that targets your specific challenges.
What is the format and cost?
Bellrock offers two programs that run for six months. Each package is fully customized to suit participant needs. The content is drawn from Bellrock’s comprehensive list of Module Topics.
|Monthly Leadership and Management Training Hours||4||8|
|Sessions per month||1x||2x|
|Program Length||6 months||6 months|
|Monthly Program Cost||$750||$1,200|
Bellrock draws from the following module themes for its small business leadership training. Modules can span multiple sessions depending on the participant’s needs. Please contact us for more information on sub-modules within each module.
- Strategy – Successful companies know not only how to define strategy, but also how to execute it through the organization. Bellrock’s training ensures that participants deeply understand what strategy is and how it applies to their organizations. Concepts covered include strategic plans and follow-ups, organization structures and competitive frameworks.
- Time Management – The most common thing that we hear from our clients is that they do not have enough time. In this module, participants will learn how to prioritize the actions that will impact their business the most. Concepts covered include time boxing, pomodoros and prioritization scorecards.
- Communication Systems – How quickly a company can respond to events is dictated in part by its communication systems. When properly implemented, these systems ensure that information flows up and down the organization. The faster the information can flow, the more effective a business can be. Participants in this module will learn how to implement these key systems and how to keep them running.
- Management Skills – Management is a skill that is part science and part art. For many, it requires years of experience – learning through experiences while picking up nuggets of knowledge sporadically. Bellrock’s training helps shortcut that process by providing participants with proven tools and systems they can use to manage their people. Concepts covered include expectation setting, verbal upfront contracts and goal setting.
- Recruiting – A bad hire can cost a company many times that person’s salary in lost productivity and opportunity cost. In this module, participants will learn how to effectively recruit and retain their staff for the long term. Concepts covered include topgrading, different interview types and personality traits.
- Accountability Systems – Accountability systems help managers communicate expectations and provide a framework for follow-up. When used properly, they can motivate employees and increase performance. Conversely, if they are misused, employees will leave and company performance will suffer. Participants in this module will learn the key components of accountability systems and how they integrate with existing components in their organizations.
- Financial and Performance Measurement – Participants in this module will learn how to identify and track the key performance metrics for their companies. They will receive exposure to performance management tools like dashboards, financial budgets and activity budgets that will help them manage their companies by the numbers. As a result, they will be better equip to make decisions supported by data instead of relying on just intuition.
- Marketing – This module will help participants learn how to develop their unique value proposition. Bellrock’s training will show them how to identify the “Why” behind their business and communicate that to their prospects. Select tools covered in this module include the competitive analysis frameworks, the 10×10 matrix and Ansoff’s matrix.
- Sales – Sales is the process that transforms prospects that do not know your company exists to repeat customers. This module will cover concepts like the sales funnel, pricing theory and negotiating best practices.
- Contractor Systems / Professional Services – This module will teach participants how to effectively deliver their products or services to their clients. Topics covered might include scheduling, estimating, project management, inventory management and continuous improvement processes.
- Project Planning – This module teaches participants how to effectively schedule and deliver their products/services to their clients. Topics covered might include schedule optimization, labour utilization, materials and WIP handling and production tracking.
- Process Controls – Participants in this module learn how to enable others to act through process controls. This includes establishing standards, documenting current processes and developing methodologies to change outdated, redundant or inefficient processes.
What are the dates?
Start dates are flexible due to the program’s custom nature.
Who are the instructors?
- Tara Landes is the Founder and President of Bellrock Benchmarking. She obtained a BA (Honors) in Political Science from the University of Western Ontario and earned an MBA from the Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario. She has also completed the Independent Corporate Director Certificate offered by the Institute of Corporate Directors.
- Norman Tan is a Director at Bellrock Benchmarking and was Bellrock’s first employee in 2008. He has a Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) Degree from the University of British Columbia and earned an MBA from the Smith School of Business, Queen’s University. He is also a CFA charterholder.
- Gabriel Dhahan is a Consultant at Bellrock Benchmarking. He earned his MBA from Royal Roads University. Prior to Bellrock, he owned his own consulting company where he worked with small businesses on projects ranging from process analyses to strategic planning.
Where are classes held?
Management Training Hours are held at Bellrock’s offices downtown and scheduled monthly for the appropriate session length.
Offsite Hours are scheduled according to the needs of participants.
If you require the training to be at your facilities, please contact Bellrock for additional details.
Is financial assistance possible?
Yes! Certain businesses and individuals are eligible for financial assistance. Please contact us for more details.
What others are saying
“Mind. Blown. In the hour I spent with Tara I learned more about an effective sales process than all the business books I’ve read in the last 10 years. No kidding. Tara is highly effective, will provide clear, actionable insight, and knows how to make it all work for you. Seriously, she is worth her weight in gold.”
Karyn Zuidinga, CEO
Analytic Design Group