Bellrock Management Training
Who you are
You are someone who is currently, or will be, managing people. You are eager to learn and want to become more effective at managing your direct reports. You have an open mind and are willing to try new things.
Bellrock’s management training program is industry agnostic and caters to people at all levels.
What is the format?
- Four, 3-hour classroom sessions covering the core modules of effective management. See the course modules
- Four, 1-hour 1-on-1 customized training sessions
- Two optional modules for managers who need specific training on recruiting and finance
- Pre-work case studies from real world situations that help you learn and apply techniques in your environment.
What makes this program unique?
We go beyond just theory and the classroom by helping participants implement what they learn. During our 1-on-1 training sessions, individuals learn how to overcome their specific management challenges so that the results stick.
What are the dates?
Winter 2018: Four sessions starting January 16, 2018. Now accepting pre-registrations. Please indicate Winter cohort in the comment box when you pre-register.
- January 16, 2018
- February 13, 2018
- March 13, 2018
- April 10, 2018
- May 15, 2018 (optional modules)
Spring 2018: Four sessions starting May 10, 2018. Now accepting pre-registrations. Please indicate Spring cohort in the comment box when you pre-register.
- May 10, 2018
- June 14, 2018
- July 19, 2018
- August 16, 2018
- September 20, 2018 (optional modules)
What does this training program cost?
The cost is $1,995 + GST per participant. Optional modules are $495 + GST per participant.
Who is the instructor?
Tara Landes, President and Founder of Bellrock Benchmarking, will teach this course. For more information about Tara, please click here.
Where will classes be held?
Multi-company sessions will be held at BCIT’s downtown campus at 555 Seymour Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 3H6. The room details will be released prior to the first class.
Contact us about custom locations and times for your company.
Is financial assistance possible?
Yes! Certain businesses and individuals are eligible for financial assistance. Please contact us for more details.
What others are saying
“Having Bellrock closely involved in our company’s reorganization and having all of our managers participate in the Management Training Program, we are taking the next steps with confidence in to the future to make us a truly great company.”
Frank Riccardi, Geomatics Group Manager
Binnie Consulting Ltd.
“This course was very informative and greatly helped me execute my job as manager. Time management was one of my personal weaknesses but now I feel with the tools I’ve been taught it can soon become one of my strengths. Bellrock knows the curriculum and teaches with proven results.”
Bellrock’s management training program consists of the following modules:
- Introduction to Management – This module introduces participants to the art of management and identifies the key skills that managers need to be successful. Participants will learn time management techniques and how to run effective meetings. Concepts covered: management vs leadership, model for managing, change matrix, time matrix, prioritization scorecards, getting things done
- Setting Expectations and Delegation – This module teaches participants communication best practices for them to work through their staff to get things done. This includes not just setting expectations, but also the feedback and follow-through needed to achieve the desired results. Concepts covered: Expectation best practices, stretch goals, SMART, goal setting, verbal upfront contracts, CPQQRT Q3, 1-on-1 meetings
- Motivation – Studies show that morale in an employee declines sharply after their first six months and continues to deteriorate for years afterward. This module teaches participants what they can do to prevent that decline and keep their employees engaged and motivated. Concepts covered: AMP motivation model, capitalizing on strengths, managing around weaknesses, giving praise, ARCTIC, four tendencies.
- Developing People – This module teaches participants how to develop staff in a way that lets them define a career that fits the needs of both the company and staff member. Companies can increase retention and focus their training budgets on areas that will have the greatest impact. Concepts covered: Coaching and mentoring, effective relationships, educational development, career pathing, improving engagement, succession planning.
Optional Training Modules
Bellrock also offers optional modules for managers who need specific training on recruiting and finance. Each module is $495 and includes 3 hours of classroom training plus 1-hour of customized one-on-one training. Both modules run on May 15th and September 20th with Recruiting from 9 AM to 12 PM and Finance for Non-Finance Managers from 1 PM to 4 PM:
- Recruiting – A bad hire can cost a company from between 3-10x that employee’s salary in lost time, training and opportunity cost. This module teaches participants how to effectively recruit participants and onboard them so that they are effective in the shortest amount of time. Concepts covered: Skills vs knowledge vs talent, interview best practices, external vs internal candidates, onboarding best practices
- Finance for Non-Finance Managers – This module teaches participants how to draw insights from financial numbers and use them to make informed decisions. It is suitable for audiences of all experience levels. We assume no prior knowledge and build up skills over the course of the class. Concepts covered: The three financial statements, analyzing a company’s financials, creating and using an operating budget
Multi-company training is ideal for companies that are looking to provide a broader management exposure to their employees than just the perspective of their industry. Participants in these sessions are at similar stages in their careers but come from non-competing companies in various industries. This allows participants to speak frankly during the lessons and enriches the learning experience as the managers realize that despite the differences in their industries, many of the challenges they face are universal.
Sessions are held monthly in person in downtown Vancouver.
Private Company Training
Private company training is ideal for companies that would like the training delivered to their company only. They must have ten or more employees that wish to participate in the management training program. Courses can be held at Bellrock or client facilities.
Continuing Professional Development
This course is pre-approved by BC Housing for continuing professional development credits. Participants will earn CPD group A points and CPD group B points.
If this sounds like something you might be interested in, call 604-499-1526 or email [email protected].