Advanced Management Training Bridge Program
Who you are
You graduated from one of our management training programs before Fall 2019 and would like to deepen your management practice with next level content. Our Advanced Management Training Bridge Program is applicable to graduates in any industry and at any level.
What is the format?
- Six, 3-hour classroom sessions covering advanced modules of effective management. See the course modules
- Six, 1-hour 1-on-1 customized training sessions.
- Real world situations that help you learn and apply techniques in your environment
What makes this program unique?
We go beyond just theory and the classroom by helping participants implement what they learn and build capacity in their organization. During our 1-on-1 training sessions, individuals learn how to overcome their specific management challenges so that the results stick.
What are the dates for the Advanced Management Training Bridge Program?
Vancouver Fall 2019: Six sessions started September 2019. Running exclusively for graduates who participated in any of our management training programs prior to Fall 2019.
- September 17: Tough Talk: How to Have the Conversations You’ve Been Avoiding
- October 8: Managing Employee Performance
- November 12: Managing Company Performance
- December 10: Meeting Rhythms
- January 14: Managing Yourself and Managing Up
- February 11: Leading Change
What does the Advanced Management Training Bridge Program cost?
$2,995 + GST per participant.
Who are the instructors?
- Tara Landes is the Founder and President of Bellrock Benchmarking. She earned her MBA from the Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario.
- Gabriel Dhahan is a Manager and Consultant at Bellrock Benchmarking. He earned his MBA from Royal Roads University and the Family Enterprise Advisor (FEA) designation from Family Enterprise Xchange.
- Adam Holcombe is a Manager and Consultant at Bellrock Benchmarking. He earned his MBA from the Beedie School of Business at Simon Fraser University.
- Anna Migicovsky is a Consultant at Bellrock Benchmarking. She earned her MBA from the Beedie School of Business at Simon Fraser University.
Where will classes be held?
The BCIT Campus at 555 Seymour St. Vancouver, BC V6B 3H6
Room details will be released prior to the first class.
Contact us about custom locations and times for your company.
Is financial assistance possible?
Yes! Most businesses are eligible for financial assistance. Please contact us for more details.
What others are saying
Our Advanced Management Training Bridge Program consists of the following modules:
- Tough Talk: How to Have the Conversations You’ve Been Avoiding – Participants will learn to identify when tough talk is necessary, how to prepare for tough conversations, and practice the art of better communication. They will learn how to create a safe environment for communication to unfold and develop an action plan to deal with their toughest roadblocks. They will also learn how to coach others to address the roadblocks in their way and create an environment of direct, non-personal feedback.
Concepts Covered: Identification of tough talk situations, using KIND (kind, intentional, non-threatening, but direct) communication, personal styles, establishing personal goals, controlling emotions, and communication escalation.
- Managing Employee Performance – Participants dive deeper into effectiveness onboarding that allows new hires to become productive quickly while maintaining motivation. The performance evaluation process is taught and specific methodology developed. In addition, progressive discipline and the manager’s role in offboarding is covered.
Concepts Covered: Effectiveness onboarding, performance evaluation systems, progressive discipline, and offboarding.
- Managing Company Performance – Participants will understand how Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) shape performance. Common KPIs will be explored, the concept of leading and lagging indicators will be covered, as will best practices in implementing these measurement systems.
Concepts covered: Function accountability chart, KPIs, and dashboards.
- Meeting Rhythms – Participants will understand why meetings are simultaneously the most vivified management tool and the most efficient form of communication when done well. Learn how to facilitate constructive participation and get the most from any meeting.
Concepts Covered: Strategic vs. tactical meetings, huddles, departmental meetings, setting agendas, the role of leader and chair, and setting ground rules.
- Managing Yourself and Managing Up – Participants will discover how to absorb feedback in healthy ways, their personal styles of receiving feedback, working in teams, learning styles, and how to explain these traits to others. Also, when and how to ask for help. They will also sleuth out boss’ tendencies and how to manage up.
Concepts Covered: Introversion / extroversion, strengths and weaknesses, communication styles, and sharing methodology.
- Leading Change – Participants will learn about the manager’s role in creating understanding, addressing WIIFM, education, ability, and reinforcement of any change initiative.
Concepts Covered: Change communication best practices, common implementation roadblocks, how to motivate individuals toward change, and training best practices.
Private Company Training
Private company training is ideal for companies that would like the training delivered to their company only or would like to customize the curriculum. They must have ten or more employees that wish to participate in the management training program. Courses can be held at Bellrock or client facilities.
If this sounds like something you might be interested in, call 604-499-1526 or email [email protected].